David Burren (AAPS SSVAPS AAP AAIPP) will be visiting New Zealand in late 2015, and will be presenting a 1-day Lightroom masterclass in Plimmerton on the 28th of November. This masterclass will provide 5 photographers with in-depth and practical advice on implementing a workflow to manage and process their photos.
David’s an Adobe Certified Expert, and has been using Adobe Lightroom as the core of his own professional workflow since Lightroom 1, and has been teaching Lightroom and Photoshop classes since 2007. He also consults in technical areas such as colour management, and uses all this in his work as a nature photographer. David’s the founder of LuminOdyssey Photo Expeditions.
We’re keeping the class size small to give students the best experience possible. Basic familiarity with Lightroom will be an advantage, but you don’t need to be an expert to learn from this class. Let David help you avoid some of the common “bad” Lightroom habits!
Topics we will cover include (but are not limited to):
- Streamlining imports.
- Organising, Developing, and exporting images.
- Managing and using keyword dictionaries.
- Designing and using “interruptible” workflows.
- Integration with Photoshop and other editing tools.
After the morning class session we will be visiting a nearby cafe for lunch (not included) before returning for our afternoon session.
What to bring
- Ideally you will bring along your laptop computer with Adobe Lightroom installed. David will be using Lightroom CC, but if you use a different version that’s OK too. You can of course attend and observe without a computer, but you will be missing out on some of the practical experience.
- Camera (you will take some photos to process during the day).
- Notebook and pen.
When and Where
Plimmerton, Wellington NZ.
9am to 5pm, Saturday 28th November
(precise location details will be provided after booking)
What you will get:
- A set of Lightroom preset files and a keyword dictionary to help you organise your library.
- 30-minute individual session via Skype (a few weeks later after David’s return from NZ) to answer any followup questions.
Cost and booking
This site’s store runs in Australian Dollars (AUD). The masterclass price (AUD$230) is shown at the top of this page.
Add it to your cart and check out. Payment will reserve your place.
You can see the approximate NZD value instead via the buttons below (the conversion from AUD used by PayPal when you pay for the booking should be close to this).
Places are already filling, so don’t hesitate!