4th – 16th September 2017
Join us on this 13-day adventure, exploring the the culture and scenery of Japan and learning new photographic skills with two professional photographers and tutors: David Burren and Michael Snedic.
The tour starts in Kyoto, and finishes in Tokyo. We travel by a mixture of high-speed train, private bus, and on foot. We will be exploring some of the cultural highlights which make Japan so special. This is not a pure “nature” photo tour (although we will of course be visiting and photographing some natural areas with wildlife and landscapes). Each region we visit also has its own range of local cuisine, which we aim to be able to experience along the way.
- Kyoto has many attractions: temples, parks, people (including costumed geisha), and even the train station is stunning.
- In Hiroshima we explore nature, more temples, and the Peace Memorial Park.
- We explore the Edo-era Nakasendo trail in mountainous central Honshu.
- We visit (and spend a night in) a buddhist monastery. The rest of the accommodation is in “western-style” hotels.
- We finish the tour with several days in Tokyo, which is an experience unto itself!
- With two professional photography tutors and 14 workshop participants, you will have plenty of opportunities for one-on-one tuition.
- Our itinerary and activities have been planned throughout to provide access to exciting photographic and cultural experiences.
- Our local bi-lingual guide will be with us throughout the trip, helping us concentrate on the photographic opportunities and tuition.
All the details
The viewer below can be used to page through (and download) the PDF brochure which has all the details including prices.
To secure your place (or just ask questions about the workshop) just contact us via this form: