In December 2005, Michael Reichmann led a photography workshop to Antarctica.
I was not on this trip. As a service to participants in Michael’s 2009 Antarctic workshop this page has grown as a collection of material from the 2005 expedition. It’s still occasionally updated as new material comes to light. Other pages on this site link to materials from the 2007 and 2009 Luminous-Landscape Antarctic expeditions.
- Their ship: Akademik Shokalskiy.
- Michael’s post-trip notes, portfolio, “Snapshots”, and Antarctic 2005 Members’ Photographs.
- Robert Ardinger has put some of his photos into a book.
- John Paul Caponigro: images (PDF), and comments.
In August 2008 John Paul published a book with material from his 2005/2007 Antarctic trips.
- Stephen Johnson’s equipment notes.
- Kevin Raber
- Jeff Schewe: trip report, and PSN: Antarctica Expedition.
- Stephen Starkman: “people” shots, and a “Comprehensive” gallery.
- Emile Wessels has published the book Nature Travels including photos from this trip.
- Olaf Willoughby has published Antarctica A Sense of Place.
- Eugene Worley
The Luminous-Landscape Video Journal Volume 17 has an Antarctica segment from the 2005 trip.